1. What kind of information do we collect?
If you choose to register on our sites, we may ask you for information such as name, email address, postal address, age, gender, telephone number and product information. Our sites may include optional surveys, asking for your views on various products and services. If you use community tools, we may store the content and communications which you send and receive, and we reserve the right to monitor your communications. We may also detail your activity and personal preferences when visiting our sites (see "Cookies", below).
Please always obtain consent first before giving us anyone else's personal information. Please make sure that any personal details which you provide are accurate and current, and let us know if there are any changes.
2. What do we do with the information we collect?
We use the information we collect in a number of ways:
- to operate our websites and provide the information and services you ask for, including downloads, chat rooms, bulletin boards, promotions and competitions
- to deal with your customer service requests
- for internal analysis and research to improve our websites and other products and services
- to send you newsletters and marketing information about KHL publications and services, and offers, products and services from selected third party companies, but only as permitted by law or requested by you (see "How to unsubscribe" below)
- to send administrative emails (for example, if you forget your password)
- to prevent and detect fraud and abuse of our sites or services.
3. Who else has access to your information
Our affiliated companies and other organisations who work for us may have access to your information in order to manage that information for us and to provide you with information and services requested by you. Some of these companies may process your information in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), such as the United States. Data protection laws in these countries may not offer the same level of protection as in the EEA. If you are not happy for us to transfer your information in this way, you should not access and use our websites.
In exceptional circumstances, we may disclose your personal information if required by law or to protect or defend ourselves or others against illegal or harmful activities. If our business is sold or restructured, your details may be transferred as part of the business.
Some of our websites contain cookies. Cookies are small text files that a website sends to your computer to record your online activity. Cookies may be used on our websites to help personalise your visits to our sites, improve how you use certain aspects of our sites and to record your online activity. You can disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings, but if you do so, some functions on our sites may not work correctly.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information. This includes setting up processes and procedures to minimise unauthorised access to or disclosure of your information. However, we do not guarantee that we will eliminate all risk of misuse of your personal information by intruders. Please keep any passwords for your accounts safe and do not disclose them to anyone else. You must contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or other security breach.
Bulletin boards, chat rooms and other community areas on our sites are open to the public. You should avoid disclosing any information in these areas which may identify you or anyone else. We are not responsible for the protection or security of information which you disclose in these areas.