Bauma innovation finalists unveiled
06 February 2019
The final fifteen candidates for the Bauma Innovation Award 2019 have been announced.
The Innovation Award will be given in the following five categories: Machine, Components/Digital Systems, Construction Work/Construction Method/Construction Process, Research/Science and Design. A total of 138 entries were received.
The five winners will be honoured in Munich, Germany, on the eve of the show, which will take place from 8 to 15 April at the exhibition grounds in Munich.
The jury is said to evaluate the entries based on criteria that are relevant to the industry and its future, including how practice-oriented a solution is or what economic potential it offers.
Other factors which are considered include digitisation, environmental aspects, sustainability, resource efficiency or the humanisation of the workplace. In the Design category, aesthetics and appearance or the combination of form and function are also considered
The following companies are nominated for an Innovation Award:
- E-Power Pipe, Herrenknecht AG
- 370 EC-B Fibre, Liebherr-Werk Biberach GmbH
- Large milling machine with MILL ASSIST, Wirtgen GmbH
- Bomag Ion Dust Shield, Bomag GmbH
- DokaXact – the positioning system for wall formwork, Doka GmbH
- PAVE-TM Layer Thickness Measurement, Moba Mobile Automation AG
Construction Work/Construction Method/Construction Process
- b-project, Bauer Spezialtiefbau GmbH
- Worldwide. The Mobile Fabrication, Max Bögl Stiftung & Co. KG
- Innovative construction techniques for building in the future, Ed. Züblin AG, Direktion Stuttgart
- Conti-E-Impulse Comminution, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Institut für Aufbereitungsmaschinen
- Driver guidance 4.0, TU München, Chair of Materials Handling and Logistics
- Defined removal of highly reinforced concrete, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- INTUSI Intuitives User Inter, Liebherr-Hydraulikbagger GmbH
- Mecalac TV1200, Mecalac Construction Equipment
- Design HDD-System Drill 2019, Tracto-Technik GmbH & Co. KG
The competition is a joint project from the VDMA (The Mechanical Engineering Industry Association), the German Construction Industry Association, the Central Association of the German Construction Industry, the Federal Association of Building Materials and Bauma.
More information on the entries can be found at www.bauma-innovationspreis.de.