Make sure you book your seat at the International Awards for Powered Access (IAPAs), taking place in Miami.
Jointly hosted by the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) and Access International, the IAPAs celebrate best practice in the access industry and regularly attract an audience of around 450 industry professionals.
The shortlist was released a couple of weeks ago and the winners will be announced at a gala dinner, held on the same day as the annual IPAF Summit at the Hilton Miami Downtown in Florida, USA, on 8 March. As usual, the response has been excellent, with more than 100 high-quality entries received across the 13 categories.
IPAF and AI would like to thank everyone who took part and encourage those who did not make the shortlist this year to enter again for the 2019 awards.
The announcement of the shortlist follows the judges’ meeting in London, UK, on 16 January. As always, the entries were judged by an independent panel of prominent industry experts with long-standing experience in the business.
For more information about the awards, IPAF Summit and how to book, visit: www.iapa-summit.info
Access Rental Company of the Year
- A-Plant, UK
- Loxam, France
- Shanghai Horizon, China
- Star Platforms, UK
- United Rentals, US
Contribution to Safe Working at Height
- Dispersion Technology, UK - I-foot
- Galmon, Singapore - Safe working practices
- Haulotte, France - ACTIV’Lighting System
- Tutus, US - Dropped Object Prevention System
The IAPA Innovative Technology Prize
- Control Dynamics (CDI), US - Piranha Lox System
- Genie, US - Tech Sight
- Multitel Pagliero, Italy - 16m Hybrid
- Niftylift, UK - Second Generation Hybrid
- PB Lifttechnik - Bi-Power Charger
IPAF Training Centre of the Year
- A-Plant, UK
- Mills Serviços e Engenharia, Brazil
- ALS Safety (Riwal), The Netherlands
- Sinoboom, China
IPAF Training Instructor of the Year
- Brian Downham, Skyjack, Canada
- Daniel de Matos Batista, Mills, Brazil
- Peter Wallace, NIS Training, UK
Powered Access Pioneer
- Dingli, China
- PartnerLift, Germany
- Shanghai Horizon Equipment & Engineering, China
Product of the Year - Mast Climbing Work Platforms & Hoists
- Electroelsa, Italy - PM-M50
- Maber Hoist, Italy - MB A 800150-SR
- Scanclimber - Counter Balanced Extension
Product of the Year – Self Propelled Booms & Atrium Lifts
- Easy Lift, Italy - RA26HY
- Genie, US - S-85 XC
- JLG Industries, US - 600S
- Niftylift, UK - HR21 4x4 (MKII)
- Platform Basket, Italy - 2714
- Skyjack, Canada - SJ85 AJ
Product of the Year – Scissor Lifts & Vertical Masts
- Almac, Italy - Bibi 1090-BL Evo
- Hematec Arbeitsbühnen, Germany - Helix 1205
- PB Lifttechnik, Germany - S128-19E HT
Product of the Year – Vehicle and Trailer Mounted
- Bronto Skylift, Finland - S70XR
- Palfinger Platforms, Germany - P 370 KS
- Ruthmann, Germanny - T650 HF
- Socage, Italy - forste 20D
Project of the Year
- Aria Aerial Platforms – Shrimad Rajchandra Statue, India
- UP Makine – Istanbul Airport, Turkey
- Mills Serviços e Engenharia - São Bento wind farm, Brazil
- Scanclimber - The Fennel skyscraper, Malaysia
Access Photo of the Year
To be announced at the ceremony
IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award
To be announced at the ceremony
The IAPA 2018 judges:
The entries were judged by an independent panel of prominent industry experts with long-standing experience in the business. They alone decide the winners - recipients of IAPA trophies can therefore be justifiably proud of their achievement.
Recently retired, Chris Bowers served as senior vice president, customer strategy, sales and marketing at US-based NES Rentals from 2005 to 2017 when NES was sold to United Rentals.
Chris Carmolingo has been regional vice president at BlueLine Rental, in the US, since 2015. Before that he was president and CEO at access specialist Trico Lift.
Ib Steffensen is the director of the lift department at truck mounted platform and crane rental company BMS and a member of its executive board. He has been employed at BMS since 2009 and has been in the rental industry for 25 years.
Nick Selley is business development director at UK-based access equipment rental company AFI Group and was this year inaugurated as IPAF president.
Tobias Ritzenhöfer is the director of engineering at Germany-based tracked platform manufacturer Teupen Maschinenbau, which also produces the self propelled extreme off-road Puma lift. Ritzenhöfer has huge experience in the industry and at Teupen, having started at the company in 1996 as an apprentice mechanic.
For the 2018 awards there was a change to the two Product of the Year categories for self propelled equipment. They have been updated to: Product of the Year – Self propelled booms and atrium lifts and Product of the Year – Scissors lifts & vertical mast platforms.
Find out more about the IAPAs, IPAF Summit and how to book at www.iapa-summit.info