Two air traffic control experts from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) will speak at the Tower Crane North America (TCNA) conference in Miami on 19 June.
Michael Helvey, manager of FAA’s Obstruction Evaluation Group, and his colleague Michael Blaich, FAA obstruction evaluation specialist for Florida, will give tower crane owners and users advice on how to comply with FAA requirements. The topic will be led by Helvey with Blaich joining him for an open Q&A session.
The presentation will look at issues including:
- Processes for notifying the FAA;
- Marking and lighting requirements;
- Legal authorities and responsibilities;
- ‘Covered tower’ legislation;
- Red LED-based obstruction lights.
The confirmation of FAA’s participation means that the program for the conference is now complete. Industry experts will address issues including:
- Preparing tower cranes for severe weather;
- Trends in tower crane designs;
- Writing contracts that protect your business;
- Making profits in tower crane rentals;
- Effective use of self-erecting tower cranes;
- Understanding FAA obstruction requirements;
- The benefits of using fibre ropes;
- The impact of BIM/virtual design & construction (VDC);
- Using new operator aids such as hook cameras.
Speakers, in alphabetical order, are:
- Dr.–Ing Mohamed Abouelezz (Wolffkran) (co-presenting with Randy Huffman)
- Frank Bardonaro (Maxim Crane)
- Michael Blaich (FAA)
- Christian Chalupny (Morrow Equipment Co) (KEYNOTE SPEAKER)
- Marco Gentilini (Terex Tower Cranes)
- Russ Gibbs (Brasfield & Gorrie) (co-presenting with JR Moran)
- Marco Guariglia (Liebherr Tower Cranes)
- Kelly Hadland (Compass Equipment)
- Mike Heacock (Manitowoc)
- Michael Helvey (FAA)
- Peter Hird (Blokcam)
- Manon Huard (RaycoWylie Systems)
- Randy Huffman (Custom Service Crane) (co-presenting with Mohamed Abouelezz)
- Peter Juhren (Morrow Equipment Co)
- JR Moran (B&G Equipment and Supply) (co-presenting with Russ Gibbs)
- Jean-Louis Olivier (SMIE)
- Chris Machut (Netarus/Hoistcam)
- Michael Rubin (Goldberg Segalla).
For more information, visit www.khl-tcna.com
The event is organised by KHL Group and its magazines International Cranes and Specialized Transport and American Cranes & Transport (ACT), with SC&RA as partner association.
Gold sponsors are: Jaso, Liebherr, Linden Comansa, Manitowoc, Terex and Wolffkran.
Silver sponsor is Favelle Favco and Welcome sponsor is Morrow.
Supporting sponsors are BlokCam, CASAR, ENG Cranes, RaycoWylie and RECOM, with CM Labs as Technology Partner.
- Conferences & events
- Costa Rica
- Cranes & Specialized Transport
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hurricane Irma
- Morrow Equipment
- north america
- North America
- Presentation rules
- Puerto Rica
- Tower - Luffing Jib
- Tower - Saddle Jib/Flat Top/Cat Head
- Tower - Self-erector
- tower crane
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States of America