The full line-up for the 5th International Rental Conference (IRC) in Shanghai, China, has been confirmed and can be viewed at http://www.khl-irc.com
The conference, which is organised International Rental News (IRN), will take place at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) on 31 October, 2017, on the first day of the new APEX Asia exhibition which runs from 31 October to 3 November.
Speakers include senior managers at rental companies and OEMs from the US, Japan, Europe and China, and are (in alphabetical order):
- Kevin Appleton, Senior Executive & Rental Consultant
- Marco Arndt, Chief Executive Officer, Sycor Asia
- Tetsuo Kanamoto, President & Chief Executive Officer, Kanamoto
- Liu Jiansen, Vice President, XCMG & General Manager, XCMG Import and Export Co Ltd
- Liu Xiang Dong, Chairman, Cheuk’s Logistics Technology
- Bill Plummer, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, United Rentals
- Alexandre Saubot, Chief Operating Officer, Haulotte
- Peter Schrader, Managing Director & COO, Zeppelin Rental
- Zhang Yan Na, President, Machinery Management & Rental Branch, China Construction Industry Association (CCIA)
- SHI Yang, Director of Research, Off-Highway Research
For Tetsuo Kanamoto it will be the first international conference appearance since he became Kanamoto’s CEO in November last year after a 34 year career with the company.
The line-up includes executives from the largest rental company in the world (United Rentals), the second largest in Asia (Kanamoto of Japan), one of the top five general rental companies in Europe (Zeppelin Rental), and an executive officer at a major aerial platform manufacturer, Haulotte.
Kevin Appleton, the ex-CEO of Lavendon Group, non-executive director at Higher Platforms and Ramirent, and IRN columnist, is also in the line-up.
APEX Asia will be held on 31 October to 3 November and is the new Asian version of the APEX aerial platform exhibition. It will be co-located with the established CeMAT Asia 2017 show, which is Asia’s largest showcase for material handling, logistics and automation equipment, attracting 75,000 visitors.
The Gold sponsors for the conference are Genie and JLG. Silver sponsors are ExMile and Haulotte Group, with Supporting sponsor Manitou and Sycor. The event’s Knowledge Partner is Off-Highway Research.