Chris Davies of HSS to give keynote at IRC conference
By Murray Pollok17 February 2015
Chris Davies, CEO of HSS Hire, will give the keynote speech at this year’s International Rental Conference (IRC) in Beijing on 21 September.
HSS Hire is one of the most famous names in the equipment rental industry worldwide. It is the UK’s second largest rental company, with total revenues of £272 million in 2014, and in addition to its general equipment activities is a major player in aerial platforms and power generation.
Mr Davies, who joined HSS as CEO in 2006, will speak on the topic ‘Why I think rental is about customers not products’. He will argue that in rental the secret to avoiding commoditisation is delivering services which respond to the needs of customers. “It’s all about providing availability, value, support and safety”, he told IRN.
The conference, organised by KHL and International Rental News (IRN), takes place in Beijing on Monday 21 September, the day before the BICES construction equipment exhibition. BICES is China’s major construction event this year.
For more details on the conference, see www.khl.com/irc
Mr Davies joins an already strong conference line-up, with other speakers including:
- Afternoon Keynote: Enilson Moreira de lima (Founder/CEO, A Geradora, Brazil)
- Vivek Soni (co-CEO, Gemini Equipment Rentals, India)
- Desmond Ong (founder, CEO, Galmon, Singapore)
- Chunyu Zhang (General Manager, Shanghai Horizon Equipment & Engineering Co, China)
- Jia Li Cai (Managing Director, Rental Branch of China Construction Industry Association, China)
- Gary Kucher (CEO, Mongolia Holdings, US/Mongolia)
- Ni Xinli (Chairman/founder, Jiangsu Tongyuan Machinery Sales & Service, China)
- Tomie Chan (sales manager, Haulotte China)
- Michel Petitjean (Secretary General, European Rental Association, Belgium)
- Jim Barr (Vice president/General Manager Greater China, Terex AWP, USA).
Sponsors for the event are: Gold Sponsor – Genie (Terex AWP), Silver Sponsor – JLG Industries.
The conference is officially supported by IPAF; the Machinery Management and Rental Branch of the China Construction Industry Association; and the BICES show.