Kops II power station
07 March 2008
Austrian utility company vorarlberger illwerke ag is expanding its generation capacities with the construction of a new power station, Kops II. Thanks to the 800 m head, water from the nearby Lake Kopssee gives the power station an output of 450 MW.
Construction of the 88 × 60,5 × 30,5 m turbine hall, 150 m underground, and the smaller transformer chamber (20 × 35 × 16 m) is being carried out by the Beton-und Monierbau Gesellschaft, Alpine Mayreder, Züblin, Zweigniederlassung Tunnelbau consortium, under the overall management of Jäger Bau.
Concreting of the cavern, pressure tunnels, surge tank and pressure shaft used a Putzmeister BSA 1408 E stationary pump, MX 28-4 stationary boom and truck-mounted BRF 24-4.09 H concrete pump, with ZR fold boom. About 39000 m3 of C25/30 concrete was needed in the turbine hall, while the transformer chamber used about 2200 m3.