The second ALH Conference & Awards started this morning in Miami at the Marriott Biscayne Bay hotel. The day-long event boasts an impressive lineup of speakers and presentations.
With over 200 attendees registered, attendees will hear from industry leaders on topics that directly affect their businesses, including how mobile devices and technology affect business; big data and priorities of using such; the real cost of Tier 4 engines on rental; current rental metrics and what they tell us about rental market trends; cost of ownership; online rentals and much more.
The morning's keynote speaker, Larry Silber, will open the day with a discussion about the impact that mobile devices and new technology are having on the equipment rental business.
Silber, who is President and CEO of Herc Rentals, will argue that data, technology and logistics will differentiate the industry’s leaders.
“Through mobile technology, service-oriented businesses are increasingly accommodating the way their customers work and are delivering real-time information when their customers need it”, said Silber.
“With service at the core of its mission, the equipment-rental industry is just beginning to imagine this ‘mobile’ future, with a customer base that is already familiar with how mobile apps and related technologies can meet their operational requirements. Indeed, the future of the equipment-rental industry is mobile, and ― as far as our customers are concerned ― that future is already here.”
Presentations will also be given by:
- Brad Boehler, President, Skyjack
- Gary McArdle, Executive Vice President, Rouse Services
- Alex Schuessler, President, International Group & Founder of SmartEquip
- Dale Asplund, Senior Vice President - Business Services and Chief Information Officer, United Rentals
- Tony Groat, North American Manager, International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)
- Chad Hislop, Director of Engineering, Terex Aerial Work Platforms/Genie
- Kip Eideberg, Vice President, Public Affairs & Advocacy , Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM)
- Liam Stannard, Chief Technology Officer, BigRentz
- Craig Paylor, Chief Operating Officer, Ahern Rentals
Plus a roundtable will be given on fleet management with Charles ‘Chuck’ Miller, Vice President – Operations, Herc Rental; Mike Crouch, President and Chief Operating Officer, ACME Lift Company; Jonathan Dawley, Global Vice President – Aftermarket, JLG Industries and Alex Schuessler.
Rental companies in attendance include: ACME Lift Company; Aerial Access Equipment; Ahern Rentals; BigRentz; Cloverdale Equipment Co.; Compact Power Rental; Herc Rentals; Neff Rentals; NES Rentals; RentalYard.com; Sunbelt Rentals; United Rentals; UpEquip; US Markets and more.