Bouygues UK restructures management units

By Sarah Ann McCay27 June 2013

Madani Sow, executive chairman of Bouygues UK.

Madani Sow, executive chairman of Bouygues UK.

Bouygues UK has restructured its business units following a series of acquisitions.

Bouygues UK, as the parent company, under the leadership of executive chairman Madani Sow, will now operate four management units: Bouygues Development, Construction, Housing and Thomas Vale.

In 2007, Bouygues Bâtiment International acquired Warings, followed by the purchase of 51% of the Leadbitter Group – which includes Denne – in 2011. In 2012, the company acquired Thomas Vale as well as the remaining 49% of the Leadbitter Group.

Both the Construction and Housing Management units have been structured to incorporate the activities of Warings, Leadbitter and Denne with those that already existed in Bouygues UK. These businesses will continue to trade as their legal registered entities.

“Following the completion of the acquisitions and particularly those that were undertaken in 2012, we have spent the last 12 months integrating our businesses. This integration is going well and I now feel the time is right to announce a new structure,” said Madani Sow, executive chairman of Bouygues UK.

“When defining our structure and recognising that the businesses need to continue to trade under their legal entities, I wanted to ensure that we provided clarity to the market. We have done this by integrating the skills and expertise of the businesses we have across the UK.”

Nicolas Guérin as managing director leads Bouygues Development. Bouygues Development’s activities are across the private and public sector with a focus on mixed-use developments, urban regeneration schemes, residential and student accommodation.

Lionel Christolomme as managing director leads the Construction Management unit. Operating across four UK regions, London & South East, Western, Central South and Central North, the Construction Management Unit’s focus is on delivering schemes across the private sector - commercial, leisure and luxury residential and in the public sector (including PPPs), predominantly in healthcare and education, working with a variety of investors, developers and end-user clients.

Paul Abson as managing director leads the Housing Management unit. Operating across three UK regions, Central, London, and the South East, the Housing Management Unit’s market focus is residential and mixed tenure developments, care and extra care facilities, and student accommodation, ranging from large and complex mixed-use city centre developments to small rural housing schemes.

Thomas Vale, headed up by managing director Tony Hyde, will operate as a specific Management Unit within Bouygues UK.

Latest News
World Demolition Summit 2021 - conference update
Latest speakers and presentations as industry returns to an in-person event at Chicago in October
Strong second quarter figures from CNH
Company reports increases in order books
Sales for Caterpillar’s construction segment up 40%
Cat sees strong growth in second quarter of 2021 reflecting ‘continued improvement’ in markets