Coleman to start recovery after Didcot

31 March 2016

British demolition firm Coleman & Company has announced that it is now in a position to start work on recovering the bodies of the three men missing since the Didcot tragedy on February 23.

A statement on the company website said: “After a period of intensive planning, work will shortly begin on the physical recovery operation of our missing friends and colleagues Chris [Huxtable], John [Shaw] and Ken [Cresswell].

“We have been working relentlessly with RWE and independent experts to ensure the recovery operation can begin and are relieved that we are now in a position where work can get underway.

“Our over-riding priority remains to support the families of those who have died or are still tragically missing, and the start of the recovery operation is an important milestone in the process to reunite our missing colleagues with their families.”

Part of the boiler house at the former power station collapsed just after 4pm on Tuesday, February 23.

Employee Mick Collings died at the scene.

Hundreds of family, friends and demolition industry colleagues attended his funeral on March 15 and the company's chief executive Mark Coleman told mourners: “Mick was a great man and a friend to us all. As a colleague he was someone you could rely on not just to be there on time [and] work hard, but also someone you could rely on to do it with a smile on his face. He will be sorely missed.”

Latest News
WATCH: Gordie Howe Bridge project connects main span
The Gordie Howe Bridge main span was connected earlier this week
Leica Geosystems launches GKP100 Captivate Keypad for surveying
The GKP100 is compatible with all current and future tablets
Bechtel wins EPC contract for multi-billion-dollar LNG export terminal expansion
US-based contractor Bechtel has signed a deal with liquefied natural gas (LNG) exporter Sempra to build the second phase of the Port Arthur LNG export project in Texas