The four judges for the inaugural Diesel Progress Awards have been confirmed. The four have multiple decades of experience in the off-highway engine and powertrain business, and are:
- Jim Saunders (Business Development, MurCal, Inc.)
- Peter Scherm (General Manager, EUROMOT - the European Association of Internal Combustion Engine Manufacturers)
- Dr. Andrew Noble (Head of Commercial Vehicle and Off Highway Market Sector, Ricardo)
- Dr. John Wall (former VP and CTO, Cummins Inc.)
- Non-voting chair: Mike Osenga (Editor/Publisher, Diesel Progress)
The awards are part of the first Diesel Progress Summit, a combined conference and awards dinner to be held on September 30 in Louisville, Kentucky, USA, the day before the ICUEE exhibition. The event is organised by Diesel Progress magazine and KHL Group.
The judges will assess entries submitted for eight award categories, with companies worldwide invited to submit entries for the following categories:
- Diesel engine of the year (<175 hp)
- Engine of the year (>175 hp)
- Engine distributor of the year (<175 hp)
- Engine distributor of the year (>175 hp)
- Electrification newsmaker of the year
- Electric power application of the year
- Employer of the year
- Diesel Progress achievement of the year
The deadline for award entries is Monday 3 June, 2019. The winners will be announced at the awards dinner in Louisville on September 30.
In addition to submitting entries for their own activities, companies and individuals can submit entries on behalf of other companies or individuals. Details of how to enter, the downloadable entry forms, and the judging criteria, can all be found at www.dieselprogresssummit.com/awards.html
Meanwhile, for the conference seven speakers have already been confirmed, including keynote contributors Jennifer Rumsey, Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, Cummins, and Ramin Younessi, Group President – Construction Industries, Caterpillar.
For more details, visit www.dieselprogresssummit.com