It is time again to submit information for International Cranes and Specialized Transport magazine's listing of the world's largest crane-owning companies.
The annual IC50 was the world's first ranking of the industry's largest crane operating companies and has grown in popularity each year. A number of entries have already been received this year, so, if your company has not yet taken part, this is a chance to ensure it takes its rightful position in the listing.
The IC50 figure is obtained by adding together the maximum load moment rating, in tonne-metres, of all mobile and crawler cranes in your fleet on 1 May 2011. A separate form is available for those taking part in the IC Tower Index listing of tower cranes. Again, the figures you supply should be the total combined load moment rating, in tonne-metres, of all the tower cranes in your fleet, on 1 May 2011.
Copies of the IC50 and IC Tower Index forms are available on this page in the "Related files" box, see right. Click on the chosen form/s, which will open as a Microsoft Word or editable pdf document that you can save and submit by e-mail, fax or hard copy.
If you have any questions regarding the forms or require help with calculating tonne-metres, please contact the editor, Alex Dahm, by telephone on +44 (0)1892 786206 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We urge you to complete and return the forms before 26 April 2011.
Editor's notes on the IC50
1. All IC Index figures must be given as a maximum load moment rating in tonne-metres.
2. Tower cranes are no longer included in the main IC Index. Please ensure that there are no figures for this equipment in your calculations. If you have tower cranes, please complete the separate IC Tower Index.
3. Alternative lifting equipment is no longer included in the main IC Index. Please ensure that there are no figures for this equipment in your calculations.
4. Figures should include an allowance for any superlift attachments that you own.
5. The IC Index should include all cranes that are in your fleet as of 1 May this year. Do not include cranes that you have ordered but that have not yet been delivered.
6. To help illustrate the IC50 editorial in the magazine you could send some photographs, perhaps showing your cranes in action that will be considered for publication. Please send your pictures to the editor, Alex Dahm at email@example.com or by post to: Alex Dahm, KHL Group, Southfields, Southview Road, Wadhurst, East Sussex TN5 6TP United Kingdom.