Epiroc completes purchase of autonomous mining company

Epiroc has agreed to acquire the remaining share of ASI Mining, a US-based autonomous mining solutions company.

The Sweden-based OEM already owns 34% of ASI Mining, which it acquired in 2018. The acquisition regards the remaining 66% of the company.

ASI Mining is based in Mendon, Utah, US. The company, a subsidiary of Autonomous Solutions, is a provider of mining automation systems, such as remote control, teleoperation, and fully autonomous solutions.

Its solutions are OEM agnostic, meaning they work regardless of machine brand and fit well for mixed fleets.

The solutions help to strengthen mine safety and productivity while lowering emissions and total cost of operation. ASI Mining had revenues of about MSEK 300 (US$28 million) in 2023.

“Epiroc and the innovative team at ASI Mining are already collaborating closely to bring the most advanced automation solutions to mining customers,” said Helena Hedblom, Epiroc’s President and CEO.

“We look forward to complementing their solutions fully with our offering and together continue supporting customers on their automation journey.”

The acquisition of the remaining share requires regulatory approval from US competition authorities, and is expected to be completed in the third quarter 2024. The parties have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.

Latest News
Power Progress 45th Annual Engine Yearbook issue available
June issue features the annual engine review, Engine Specs-at-a-Glance and more
Balfour Beatty secures £192 million contract to construct three new substations in Scotland
The contract will see Balfour Beatty design and build the three new 275kV substations in Craig Murrail, An Suidhe, and Crarae
Is rental changing its attitude toward the energy transition?
IRN profiles the initiatives companies are implementing to drive change forward