A-Plant, Atut Rental from Poland and Wacker Neuson were among the winners of this year’s European Rental Awards, held on 3 June in Rome.
Also recognised were Zeppelin Rental’s co-managing directors, Wolfgang Hahnenberg and Peter Schrader, who were joint winners of the Rental Person of the Year award. The prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award was given to former Kiloutou executive Pierre-Yves Lecat, who retired in 2012 after a successful 30 year career with the company.
A-Plant won the large Rental Company of the Year award in an all-UK shortlist, while Atut Rental won the Small Company of the Year award.
Wacker Neuson was awarded the first ever Most Sustainable Product of the Year award for its new AS30 and AS50 electric rammers. In the same category, UK manufacturer Firefly won a ‘Highly Commended’ nomination for its Cygnus hybrid generators.
The awards, hosted by Nadine Dereza and organised by European Rental Association (ERA) and International Rental News, were held at the Melia Roma Aurelia Antica hotel in Rome, Italy. More than 265 delegates were gathered at the hotel for the ERA’s annual convention.
The ERA judges said the winners reflected “a European rental market that continues to reveal companies and individuals who are innovative and hard working.
“This year, we recognised the push towards sustainability in new product design, and we were delighted by the quality of the products that were submitted.
“In the large rental company category it was clear that 2014 was a good year for UK companies – they dominate the shortlist and deserve to be recognised for their innovative and lively approach to a growing market.
“Our small rental company shortlist reflects the fact that even where economies are difficult, companies can chart a successful path. Congratulations to all the winning and shortlisted companies.”
The full shortlists for the awards, and the winners, were:
Large Rental Company of the Year (revenues >€15 million)
- A-Plant (UK) - WINNER
- GAP Hire (UK)
- HSS Hire (UK)
Small/Mid-sized rental Company of the year (revenues under €15m)
- Atut Rental (Poland) -WINNER
- Germans Homs (Spain)
- Industrial Access (Romania)
- O.MEC (Italy)
Sustainable Rental Product of the Year
- Wacker Neuson (electric powered rammer) - WINNER
- Firefly (hybrid generator) – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Holland Lift (hybrid scissor lift)
- MHM Plant/Powerbank (hybrid generator)
- Morris Site Machinery (solar lighting tower)
Rental Person of the Year
- Wolfgang Hahnenberg and Peter Schrader, Zeppelin Rental
ERA/IRN Lifetime Achievement Award
- Pierre-Yves Lecat
The award judges were:
- Xavier du Boÿs (CEO, Kiloutou, France)
- Marzia Giusto (CEO, Nacanco & President, Assonolo, Italy)
- Nicolas Guigon (Rental & Used Equipment Manager – EAME, Caterpillar)
- Vesa Koivula (ERA President & CEO, Cramo, Finland)
- Murray Pollok (Managing Editor, International Rental News (IRN))