The deadline for entries to the International Awards for Powered Access (IAPAs) 2017 is Thursday this week, 15 December 2016.
Now in its ninth year, this prestigious event will be held 4 April 2017, in London, UK, and is set to attract around 450 industry professionals. It is organised by Access International and IPAF and takes place on the same day as the IPAF Summit, which brings together senior representatives from across the access community to discuss and debate the latest developments in our industry.
With 13 award categories to choose from, there is likely to be one or more to suit you or your company.
All entry forms, along with booking and sponsorship information can be found at the event website www.iapa-summit.info
The awards will be judged by an independent panel of industry experts. This year, the panel comprises:
- Andy Studdert: CEO of US-based NES Rentals and IPAF president.
- Eline Oudenbroek: managing director of Holland Lift, based in the Netherlands.
- Kai Schliephake: managing director of PartnerLift, a Germany-based consortium of access rental companies.
- Mike Evans: Retired access industry veteren in the UK and former winner of the IAPAs IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Rick Mustillo: Founder of Kookaburra Equipment Sales and president of Australia’s Elevating Work Platform Association.
Euan Youdale, editor of Access International, and non-voting chairman of the judging panel, said, “The independence of the judging panel is critical to the success of these awards and this year, as always, we have a fantastic line-up. I would like to thank all the judges for agreeing to take part.
“If you have introduced a new product or initiative, or helped develop the access industry this year, please consider entering one of the 13 award categories and playing a part in this great annual event.”
IAPA 2017 award categories:
- The IAPA Innovative Technology Prize
- Contribution to Safe Working at Height
- Access Rental Company of the Year
- Powered Access Pioneer
- Product of the Year – Self-propelled below 20ft/6.1m (booms, scissors, atrium lifts, vertical masts)
- Product of the Year – Self-propelled above 20ft/6.1m (booms, scissors, atrium lifts, vertical masts)
- Product of the Year – Mast climbing work platforms/hoists
- Product of the Year – Vehicle, Trailer Mounted
- Project of the Year
- IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award
- Access Photograph of the Year
IPAF member companies and individuals only:
- IPAF Training Instructor of the Year
- IPAF Training Centre of the Year