IAPA awards judging panel announced
By Murray Pollok05 November 2010
The judging panel for the 2011 International Awards for Powered Access (IAPA) has now been finalised. The five members of the panel are:
• Roger Bowden (owner/founder, Niftylift, UK)
• Gerhard Hillebrand (IPAF Italy representative)
• Murray Pollok (managing editor, Access International)
• Steve Shaughnessy (IPAF president)
• Mike Watts (chairman/founder, Sunstate Equipment, US.)
The panel will meet in late January or early February next year to decide the shortlisted companies and winners, with the awards to be presented at the IAPA dinner in Amsterdam on 14 April following the IPAF Summit conference.
The judges have been chosen to represent a diverse background of experience. Mike Watts founded Sunstate equipment in 1972 and it is now one of the largest independent rental companies in the US, with a fleet of over 7000 aerials. Roger Bowden is the founder and owner of Niftylift, one of the key manufacturers of aerial platforms with a reputation for technical excellence and innovation.
Gerhard Hillebrand brings a lifetime's experience of the access market as well as special knowledge of training and safety issues, and Steve Shaughnessy has been a senior rental executive specialising in aerial platform in both Europe and North America.
The awards are jointly organised by Access International and the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF).
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
• Access Rental Company of the Year
• IPAF Safety Champion
• Contribution to Safe Working at Height
• Access Project of the Year
• Product of the Year - Vehicle/trailer-mounted
• Product of the Year - Self-propelled (booms, scissors, spiders)
• Product of the Year - Mast climbing work platforms/hoists
• Product of the Year - Low-level access
• Award for Outstanding After Sales Service
• IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award
The following three categories are designed for IPAF member companies and individuals only:
• Best Marketing Campaign for IPAF Training
• IPAF Training Instructor of the Year
• Best New IPAF Training Centre
The deadline for entries is Monday 10 January 2011. To download an entry form click here, or contact Maria Harding, Editor, Access International (email@example.com).