World Crane and Transport Summit programme finalised
By Murray Pollok06 June 2017
The programme for the World Crane and Transport Summit (WCTS) has been finalised and published online at www.khl.com/wcts
The one and a half day conference has a strong line up, with speakers from a long list of companies that includes Sarens, TNT Crane & Rigging, Bechtel, Peinemann, Enerpac, Fagioli, JK Crane, Liebherr and Manitowoc.
New participants recently confirmed include:
- Hendrik Sarens, director, Sarens (keynote speaker)
- Keith Anderson, chief rigging engineer, Bechtel Equipment Operations
- Shinsuke Izumi, executive board member, director global sales and marketing division, Kobelco
- Andrea Gazzola, area sales director (Americas), Fagioli
- Barry Pennypacker, CEO, Manitowoc
- Jennifer Gabel, owner, JK Crane
- Liu Jiansen, vice president, XCMG
- Łukasz Chwalczuk, ESTA transport section executive & president, Polish Heavy Transport Association
- Brett Melvin, executive director, Lift & Move USA
- Ton Klijn, secretary, ESTA & director, Wagenborg Nedlift
- Brandon Hitch, CEO, The Crane Industry Council of Australia (CICA)
These speakers will address a range of topics, including safety (Keith Anderson), recruitment (Brett Melvin and Jennifer Gabel), and a report on a spectacular offshore platform project (Andrea Gazzola).
The safety component of the conference is strong, with safety experts Keith Anderson, Marco van Daal and Richard Krabbendam all featured on the first day. That session will also include a report from Peinemann Kranen on the lessons learned from the Juliana Bridge crane accident.
The conference will take place on 7 and 8 November at the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky in central Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The event comprises a full-day conference on the 7th, followed by a half-day programme on the 8th.
Previously announced speakers include:
- Marco van Daal, owner, The Works International
- Mike Appling, CEO, TNT Crane & Rigging
- Gertjan van de Werken, assistant director, Peinemann Kranen
- Jim Plaia, R&D engineer, Samson
- Jeroen Naalden, global director, Enerpac Heavy Lifting Technology
- Christoph Kleiner, managing director, Liebherr-Werk Ehingen
- Bill Stramer, vice president marketing, sales & customer support
- Richard Krabbendam, heavy lift specialist
- Klaus Meissner, director of product strategy, Terex Cranes.
For more details on the event see: www.khl.com/wcts
The event sponsors are as follows. Gold sponsor: Liebherr. Premier sponsor: Demag/Terex. Silver sponsors: Faymonville/Cometto, Goldhofer, Kobelco, Manitowoc, Scheuerle/Nicolas/Kamag/Tiiger, Tadano. Supporting sponsors: BlokCam, Casar, Modulift, straightpoint, tecsis.
The conference is supported by associations SC&RA, ESTA, Sindipesa, CICA and Associpesa. Project Cargo Network (PCN) is a supporting organisation.