Judges set to decide IAPA winners
By Euan Youdale17 December 2018
More than 100 entries have been received for the International Awards for Powered Access (IAPA) 2019, taking place in Dubai, UAE, on Wednesday 6 March - the first time it has been staged in the Middle East.
The IAPAs are the most prestigious awards in our industry and an independent judging panel of access industry experts, with longstanding international experience, will vote to determine the shortlist and winners.
There are 13 award categories, ranging from new products and innovations to safety and training, including the new Digital Development Award, designed to recognise a significant innovation in the use of digital technology. Together, they celebrate best practice and excellence in the access industry.
The IAPAs dinner regularly attracts audiences of around 450 and is a joint venture between Access International and IPAF. The organisers would like to thank all those who have sent in entries - it has been a fantastic response - and the judges for their efforts to come in deciding the shortlist at a meeting scheduled for mid-January. The shortlist will be published soon after, with the winners announced on the night of the awards ceremony.
The judges are:
Karin Nars, executive chairman at Finland-based Dinolift.
Patrick Witte, vice president of business development at US-based MEC Aerial Work Platforms.
Sérgio Kariya, president of Brazil-based Mills Estruturas e Serviços de Engenharia.
Teresa Kee, director, corporate safety at US-based United Rentals.
NON-VOTING chairman: Euan Youdale, editor, Access International
The award categories are:
- Access Rental Company of the Year
- Contribution to Safe Working at Height
- The IAPA Innovative Technology Prize
- Digital Development Award (NEW)
- Product of the Year – Scissor lifts & vertical mast platforms, (low level access, vertical mast booms, push around platforms, stock pickers)
- Product of the Year – Self-propelled booms & atrium lifts
- Product of the Year – Vehicle & trailer mounted
- Product of the Year – Mast climbing work platforms & hoists
- Powered Access Pioneer
- IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award
- Access photo of the year (Sponsored by Facelift)
IPAF MEMBERS ONLY
- IPAF Training Centre of the Year
- IPAF Training Instructor of the Year
The IAPAs take place on the same day as the IPAF Summit, with a networking reception on the 5th and a site visit on the 7th to the Manlift depot in Dubai.
Attendance at all parts of the event requires online registration at www.iapa-summit.info
For questions on the awards, contact Euan Youdale, Editor, Access International. Tel: +44 (0)1892 786214, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For speaking opportunities at the Summit, contact Jo Power, Head of Membership & Communications, IPAF. Tel: +44 (0)15395 66700, E-mail: email@example.com