The US National Demolition Association (NDA) has created a COVID-19 resource page for members on its website at www.demolitionassociation.com
The association emphasises that it will remain open for business during normal office hours, with staff working remotely, and that it will be monitoring legislation, industry resources and news to deliver you the most up-to-date information available on the Coronavirus.
This will include updates from the US Centres for Disease Control (CDC), OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Administration) guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19, and a list of frequently asked questions.
Also available for reference is a guide from the NDA’s human resources partner, Affiinity HR.
Included in the guide are advice on:
- · How to handle paid time off policies for salaried and hourly workforces
- · Creative ideas for paid time off sharing
- · Salary allowances and practical work from home ideas
- · Legal considerations for individual illness or work stoppage
- · A variety of sample policies to copy and paste
as well as contact details for Affinity HR.
In addition, a Legal Guidance Document has been produced by Michigan-based law firm McAlpine PC to help contractors prepare for addressing delay and disruption impacts to active jobs.