IAPA access award entries to be ready by 10 Jan
By Maria Hadlow30 November 2010
Entries for the IAPAs (International Awards for Powered Access) must be with us by Monday 10 January.
The IAPAs are your opportunity to showcase the innovative, the dedicated, the committed and the outstanding work that you have carried out in the last 12 months.
There are ten general categories and three IPAF-specific awards (see list below) and it is easy and free to enter.
The awards are jointly organised by Access International magazine and the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF).
Simply download the entry form (at www.iapa-summit.info) and provide the information requested. Send your entries to Maria harding, Editor of Access International, at email@example.com The awards are judged on work undertaken in 2010.
A shortlist will be published at the end of January and the winners will be announced at the IPAF Summit and IAPA Awards dinner in Amsterdam on 14 April.
The categories are:
- Access Rental Company of the Year
- IPAF Safety Champion
- Contribution to Safe Working at Height
- Access Project of the Year
- Product of the Year - Vehicle/trailer-mounted
- Product of the Year - Self-propelled (booms, scissors, spiders)
- Product of the Year - Mast climbing work platforms/hoists
- Product of the Year - Low-level access
- Award for Outstanding After Sales Service
- IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award
The following three categories are designed for IPAF member companies and individuals only:
- Best Marketing Campaign for IPAF Training
- IPAF Training Instructor of the Year
- Best New IPAF Training Centre
The five members of the judging panel are:
- Roger Bowden (owner/founder, Niftylift, UK)
- Gerhard Hillebrand (IPAF Italy representative)
- Murray Pollok (managing editor, Access International)
- Steve Shaughnessy (IPAF president)
- Mike Watts (chairman/founder, Sunstate Equipment, US.)