Advantages v problems
By Brian Dennis18 March 2008
Starting a rental business as an individual has inherent problems, but also has advantages. Use the advantages to overcome the problems as much as possible.
• Ability to make decisions instantaneously on any issue.
• No layers of management, thus a high percentage of directly productive staff.
• No preset company image, or format to comply with.
• Flexibility to approach any possibility or problem.
• Lack of capital.
• Reduced ability to borrow capital, or finance purchases.
• Cash flow, which will be initially be negative as new equipment is purchased for new clients.