Enter the 2014 IC50 crane owner ranking
24 March 2014
It is that time of year to submit information for International Cranes and Specialized Transport magazine's IC50 listing of the world's largest crane-owning companies.
The annual IC50 was the world's first ranking of the industry's largest crane operating companies and has grown in popularity each year. Entry forms have already been requested for this year and some entries have already been sent in. If your company has not yet taken part, here you have the opportunity to ensure that it takes its rightful position in the listing.
Clear evidence of a return to growth in the crane industry was shown in the 2013 IC50 ranking. Compared with 2012’s 5 % increase, in 2013 that tripled to a 15 % rise in the ICIndex for the top 100 companies.
While in 2012 there was also a good rise, it was achieved with fewer depots, employees and cranes than in 2011. In 2013 there were just 3.5 % more depots but the number of employees was up 15 %, as was the number of cranes which, other than the number of employees, matched the overall rise in the index.
The 2013 total for the full IC50 was 213 fully completed entries. In 2012 there were 207 but in 2013 a total of 12 companies were removed for reasons that include acquisition and insolvency so, despite having 18 new entries, the net increase was six companies.
The IC50 figure is obtained by adding together the maximum load moment rating, in tonne-metres, of all wheeled mobile and crawler cranes in your fleet on 1 May 2014. There is a separate section of the form for those taking part in the IC Tower Index listing of tower cranes. Again, the figures you supply should be the total combined load moment rating, in tonne-metres, of all the tower cranes in your fleet, on 1 May 2014.
Copies of the IC50 and IC Tower Index form are available here. Please complete the entry form and submit it by e-mail, fax or post us a hard copy. It is helpful to have a fleet list of all the cranes in your fleet, listed by type, make, model, lifting capacity and so on so please feel free to include one with your completed entry form.
If you have any questions about the forms or if you'd like help with calculating a figure for tonne-metres, please contact the editor, Alex Dahm, by telephone on +44 (0)1892 786206 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Please complete and return the forms before 5 May 2014.
Editor's notes on the IC50
1. All IC Index and IC Tower Index figures for each crane should be given as a maximum load moment rating in tonne-metres.
2. Tower cranes are not included in the IC50 Index for crawler and wheeled mobile cranes. Please ensure that there are no figures for this equipment in your calculations. If you have tower cranes please complete the separate IC Tower Index section of the entry form.
3. Alternative lifting equipment is no longer included in the IC Index. Please ensure that there are no figures for this equipment in your calculations.
4. Figures in the IC Index for crawler and wheeled mobile cranes should include an allowance for any super lift attachments that you own.
5. The IC Index should include all cranes that are in your fleet as at 1 May this year. Do not include cranes that you have ordered but that have not yet been delivered.
6. To help illustrate the IC50 editorial in the magazine you could send some photographs, perhaps showing your cranes in action, and they will be considered for publication.
7. Please return completed forms by 5 May 2014 at the latest.
Please send your entry forms and pictures to the editor, Alex Dahm, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Alex Dahm, KHL Group, Southfields, Southview Road, Wadhurst, East Sussex TN5 6TP United Kingdom.