ESTA's final call for entries
12 January 2016
Organisers of the ESTA Users’ Night and Awards are making their final call for entries for what has become one of the industry’s biggest and most enjoyable occasions.
European specialized transport and mobile crane companies of all sizes are being encouraged to celebrate their successes by supporting the event which will take place on the evening of 14 April during the Bauma Exhibition, at the Hotel Bayerischer Hof in Munich, Germany.
The awards dinner has been steadily increasing in size and reputation in recent years and the 2016 event is expected to attract more than 500 guests from around the world.
The deadline for entries is 18 January.
The awards dinner is jointly run by ESTA - the European association for abnormal road transport and mobile cranes - and International Cranes and Specialized Transport magazine.
The full list of categories is:
* Transport job of the Year, trailer and load over 120 tonnes GVW
* Transport job of the year, trailer and load under 120 tonnes GVW
* Crane Job of the Year, telescopic cranes, lifting capacity under 120 tonnes
* Crane Job of the Year, telescopic cranes, lifting capacity over 120 tonnes
* Crane Job of the Year (lattice boom cranes)
* Safety Award
* Innovation Award for End Users
* Innovation Award for Manufacturers
* Combined Techniques Award
* SMPT Job of the Year.
The expert jury will choose a maximum of four finalists for each category, with the winner being announced on the night. The finalists will be revealed in the last week of February on the ESTA website at www.estaeurope.eu
Eligible projects must have been carried out in Europe, including Turkey. ESTA prefers entries to be submitted in English, but will also accept entries in French, German, Italian and Spanish.