Euro Auctions sees success in the US

By Sarah Ann McCay09 July 2013

Euro Auctions USA heralded its first unreserved auction a success, after 387 lots were sold from its new North American headquarters in Newnan, Georgia, on June 26.

The sale attracted 374 registered buyers from 24 countries, with physical bidders on the floor making up the majority of purchasers (65%). The remaining 35% of sales were conducted over the Internet.

Jonnie Keys, vice president of Euro Auctions, commented: “With a first sale like this there is always an element of both trepidation and anticipation regarding the outcome; however, we have been extremely pleased with the final result.

"All the lots that Euro Auctions prepared for sale were received well. We were delighted with the participation of the local market, with 85% of sales attributed to American buyers of which 25% came from the Georgia area. The turnout on the day of both bidders and attendees was excellent and expressions of interest have been made for the next sale.”

The UK-based construction machinery and industrial equipment auctioneer acquired the Newnan site in late 2012. A second auction is scheduled to take place on October 2 at the Georgia site, with four sales already planned for 2014.

Latest News
Mantovanibenne turns 60 years old
CEO Paolo Mantovani comments on the future development of the company
SC&RA Crane & Rigging Workshop Show Guide
The SC&RA Crane & Rigging Workshop is jam-packed with pertinent programs, interesting panel discussions and speakers and world-class networking.
South American construction equipment market ‘worth US$7.1 billion’
Government investment in infrastructure, high commodity prices and a degree of political stability should help to construction equipment sales in South America