European rental awards attract more than 50 entries
By Murray Pollok25 February 2014
More than 50 submissions have been received for the 2014 European Rental Awards with over 20 entries in the Product of the Year category alone.
Other categories are for Large Rental Company of the Year, Small Rental Company of the Year, Rental Marketing Campaign, Safety Campaign and there are also Person of the Year and Lifetime Achievement categories.
The judging panel – see below – meets at the European Rental Association’s Brussels office on Tuesday 18 February to decide on the shortlists for each award and the winners.
The awards, which are jointly organised by IRN magazine and the ERA, take place at the same venue as the ERA convention and the International Rental Exhibition (IRE).
The judging panel is:
- Claudio Fiorentini (Managing Director - Special Projects, JCB Sales)
- Pedro Luis Fernandez (CEO, GAM Alquiler, Spain)
- Sat Dhaiwal (CEO, A-Plant, UK)
- Vesa Koivula (ERA president & CEO, Cramo, Finland)
- Murray Pollok (Editor, IRN)
- Non-Voting Chairman: Michel Petitjean (Secretary General, ERA)
The judges' companies are not able to enter the awards.
Ritchie Bros is the Gold Sponsor for the awards, and IronPlanet is the sponsor of the awards drinks reception. Silver sponsors are Caterpillar, Grindex and Hilti.