Hitachi details status of production plants
By Murray Pollok03 April 2020
Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd said the COVID-19 outbreak has affected its production activities globally, although its seven plants in Japan are operating normally.
The restrictions on movement and social distancing measures by governments has made it difficult to continue production activities as usual, said the manufacturer.
Its production plants are impacted as follows:
- Japan: normal operation at all seven sites;
- The Netherlands: adjustments to production;
- China: Started resuming production on 18 February and all production lines operational by 12 March;
- India: Suspending production at two plants from 25 March 25 to 14 April;
- Indonesia: normal operation;
- Russia: Suspending production from 28 March to 5 April.
Hitachi said; “Under these circumstances, the impact on people’s lives around the world has been affected.
”The entire Hitachi Construction Machinery Group will cooperate in order to successfully implement measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to resolve the confusion as soon as possible.”