L&T Power secures US$ 587 million project in India

08 August 2016

Larsen & Toubro (L&T) Power has won the contract to supply three 660 MW steam generators to the thermal power plant at Ghatampur Tehsil in Uttar Pradesh, India.

L&T secured the 3,860 crore rupees (US$ 587 million) contract through its joint venture company L&T-MHPS Boilers Private Limted (LMB). The company is 51% owned by L&T India, with Hitachi Power Systems, Japan, owning the remaining 49%.

The LMB contract calls for the design, engineering, manufacture, supply, erection and commissioning of the generators for Neyveli Uttar Pradesh Power Limited.

Shailendra Roy, CEO and MD of L&T Power, said, "This is a prestigious order from NUPPL for supercritical steam generators, with state-of-the-art equipment meeting new emission norms. LMB will meet the project schedule with best endeavors and resources conforming to international quality standards."

According to its press release, the joint venture company has so far completed eight orders for pressure parts, pulverisers and engineering services in the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia, and has a further nine contracts underway in Japan and Indonesia.

Latest News
CSCEC-built spiral tunnel officially recognised as world’s longest
A spiral tunnel in China, built by Chinese construction giant China State Construction (CSCEC), has been recognised as the world’s longest
Consortium wins €302m deal to build Swiss railway plant
A consortium led by Swiss construction company CSC Costruzioni has won a contract worth €302 million (US$327 million) to build a new railway plant in Switzerland
Epiroc to acquire French attachments manufacturer
Swedish OEM continues massive attachments expansion following Stanley acquisition