By Murray Pollok17 March 2008
In 2008 for the first time Europe's equipment rental industry will have its own awards. Dedicated to recognising and promoting excellence and professionalism among rental companies and suppliers to the rental industry in Europe, the European Rental Awards will be presented at the ERA's annual convention dinner in Amsterdam on 4 June 2008.
ERA's convention is being held alongside the International Rental Exhibition (IRE) and the awards are being jointly organized and run by International Rental News (IRN) and ERA.
The award categories have been chosen to reflect the full spectrum of rental activity, recognizing rental companies large and small, as well as individuals and suppliers to the industry. All companies operating in Europe are eligible to enter the awards.
The nine award categories are as follows:
• Rental Company of the Year (10 depots or more)
• Rental Company of the Year (under 10 depots)
• After Sales Service Award (for suppliers to the rental sector)
• Best Rental Promotional Campaign
• The Rental Safety Award (promotion of safe work practices)
• The Rental Environment Award (promotion of rental sustainability)
• Rental Product of the Year (launched during 2007)
• Rental IT Innovation of the Year
• The ERA/IRN Rental Person of the Year