Sofia metro addition to cost €680 million

By Sandy Guthrie20 August 2013

The construction of a third line of the metro in Sofia, Bulgaria, will cost about €680m, Sofia Metropolitan’s CEO Stoyan Bratoev has revealed.

Research company PMR said that the line would run between the Ovcha Kupel district and the Levski district, and would be 16km long with a total of 19 metro stations.

More than half, 53%, of the stretch will be underground, mostly in downtown Sofia, while the remaining 47% will be built above ground, mainly in the suburbs.

Construction is set to begin in 2014 and will be completed in 2017 or 2018. In addition, this autumn will see the construction of an extension of Line 2 to the Hladilnika district being launched. The extension will be 1.24km long with only one station.

Latest News
Mammoet transports emergency stator replacement
Mammoet assisted its customer Capital Power with a crucial replacement at the Genesee Generating Station. 
Dana TM4 building electrodynamics facility Sweden
Highly automated e-manufacturing site represents $50 million investment
Tower crane for university construction project
A 25 tonne capacity Potain MDT 569 tower crane has been deployed to lift large elements for a German construction project