Special rate for IAPA/IPAF Summit
By Euan Youdale21 February 2013
Today is the last day on which IAPA awards and IPAF summit attendees can get the special rate at the Hilton Miami Downtown, where the events are being held.
The IPAF Summit will be a full day of plenary conference and seminars. The day will start at 9:00am with the IPAF Annual General Meeting (AGM) for IPAF members only. This will be followed by breakout seminars that all delegates can attend, covering topics related to AWPs and mast climbing work platforms (MCWPs), ranging from inspections and maintenance, to accident reporting and safety training.
The plenary conference in the afternoon will bring all delegates together and provide them with valuable take-home messages that contribute toward a professional and safe powered access industry. Ron DeFeo, chairman & CEO of Terex, will give the keynote address. Other confirmed speakers include Michael Kneeland, president & CEO of United Rentals, and Sérgio Kariya, managing director of the rental division of Mills Estruturas e Serviços de Engenharia SA in Brazil. The Summit is held in English, with simultaneous translation in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. Attendance is free. Register in advance at www.iapa-summit.info.
Details concerning the special hotel rate are below:
- Reservations must be made online by February 21, 2013.
- Rates published are for single occupancy. An extra person charge per person may apply for 2 or more guests sharing the same guestroom.
- There is a 6.00 % per room per night tax and a 7.00 % per room per night secondary tax.
- Payment for room and tax and all incidental charges is due in full upon check out. Payment can be made by cash, by certified check, or credit card. Hotel accepts American Express, Diners Club, Discover Card, Duet Card, Eurocard, JCB International, Maestro/Switch, Master Card or Visa.
- If you wish to cancel, please do so 1 day prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.
- A limited number of rooms for guests with special needs, in accordance with ADA, are available. Please contact the hotel reservations department to confirm your arrangements.
- At check in, the front desk will verify your check-out date. Rates quoted are based on check-in date and length of stay. Should you choose to depart early a departure fee will be charged.