Winners of Hire Awards of Excellence 2020
By Leila Steed22 September 2020
The winners of the Hire Awards 2020 have been announced, recognising the achievements of rental firms in the UK and Ireland.
Organised annually by Hire Association Europe (HAE) and Event Hire Association (EHA), more than 50 plant, equipment and tool rental companies livestreamed this year’s event, which was held virtually due to Covid-19 restrictions.
The night’s big winners included AFI Uplift, Travis Perkins, and Rob Thompson, General Manager at GoHire, with the latter two picking up two prizes each.
Thompson received this year’s Hire Manager of the Year and Hire Achiever of the Year awards, while Travis Perkins won the award for Best Use of New Media and the SafeHire Plant, Tool & Equipment Hire company of the Year award.
Catherine Gibson, Managing Director of Tool Hire at Travis Perkins, said, “It’s a huge honour to have received two acclaimed awards in such highly contested HAE categories.”
She added, “We are delighted to be receiving these two accolades, and well done to the Travis Perkins teams across Tool Hire operations, marketing, safety and group technology services.”
Notably, a special Outstanding Contribution to Hire accolade went to the outgoing CEO of HAE EHA, Graham Arundell.
The association’s Chairman, Brian Sherlock, said, “Since January 2007, Graham Arundell, as CEO of the association, has increased member numbers, restructured the organisation to meet the challenges faced, whether that was the financial crash of 2008, driving more commerciality within the association or giving us a voice within government and the market.
“I would like to thank him on behalf of the Board and members of the HAE EHA for his dedication and drive, which has seen the organisation change fundamentally since he has been in position.”
The award ceremony can be watched on the official HAE website.
Full list of the Hire Awards 2020 winners
- Website of the Year: Sunbelt Rentals
- Best Use of New Media: Travis Perkins
- Best Sustainability & CSR initiative: Speedy Hire
- Catalogue of the Year: GAP Group Hire Solutions
- Hire Industry Product of the Year: GAP Group Hire Solutions
- Hire Industry Supplier of hte Year: Niftylift
- SafeHire Plant, Tool & Equipment Hire Company of the Year (turnover up to £10 million): Miles Hire
- SafeHire Plant, Tool & Equipment Hire Company of the Year (turnover over £10 million): Travis Perkins
- SafeHire Event Hire Company of the Year: Sunbelt Rentals
- Young Apprentice of the Year: AFI Uplift
- Apprentice of the Year: Brandon Hire Station
- Workshop Manager of the Year: AFI Uplift
- Hire Manager of the Year: GoHire
- Hire Achiever of the Year: GoHire