Winners of the 2012 ESTA Awards
By Alex Dahm20 April 2012
A glittering event attended by nearly four hundred leading crane and transport industry people on the night of 19 April saw the announcement and presentation of the 2012 ESTA Awards.
ESTA is the European Association of Abnormal Road Transport and Mobile Cranes. It celebrated its 35th Anniversary in 2011. The Paris Hilton hotel near Charles de Gaulle airport, France, was the venue for the dinner and awards evening that was preceded by an also highly popular networking drinks reception. Representatives from equipment end user companies based in Europe and further afield mingled with those from manufacturers, contractors and others.
A full list of winners of the 2012 ESTA Awards appears below, arranged by category.
* Cranes, telescopic, lifting capacity less than 120 tonnes: Wagenborg Nedlift, Netherlands.
* Cranes, telescopic, lifting capacity more than 120 tonnes: Sarens, Netherlands.
* Cranes, lattice boom: ALE, United Kingdom.
* Transport, trailer and load under 120 tonnes gross weight: Heeren Transport, Netherlands.
* Transport, trailer and load more than 120 tonnes gross weight: Hareket, Turkey
* Combined techniques: Mammoet, Italy.
* Safety: Terex Cranes, Germany.
* Innovation, end user: ALE, United Kingdom.
* Innovation, manufacturer: Liebherr, Germany.
* SPMT (self propelled modular transporter): ALE, United Kingdom.
* Gino Koster Award: Herbert Ortner, Palfinger.