The full programme for the International Powered Access Federation’s (IPAF) inaugural Elevation conference, networking and gala dinner event on 25 September has been confirmed.
The special early-bird booking discount has been extended until 24 August for the event at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Coventry, UK.
The afternoon will be given over to a condensed conference with each speaker giving a 20-minute presentation.
- Mark Noonan, Industry Relations Director, CITB: Update – Engagement and future plans
- Jo Fautley, Deputy CEO, Build UK: Catalyst for change: Transforming construction
- Malcolm Bowers, Director, Lifterz: The changing dynamics of platform rental
- Nigel Taylor, European Director, Serious Labs: VR today, tomorrow and the future
- Angel Ibañez, IPAF’s Global Representative for MCWP & Related Products: New IPAF hoist course
- Paul Lindup, Network Rail’s head of Infrastructure, Construction and Engineering Air Operations: MEWPs vs drones
- Jan-Willem van Weir, AWP Product Manager, JLG: JLG site of the future;=
- Ray Cooke, Construction Sector Safety Unit, HSE: Work at height – the importance of planning it right
- Giles Councell, IPAF’s Director of Operations: IPAF Update
- Richard Whiting, IPAF’s UK Market General Manager; Closing remarks and general Q&A session
In the morning IPAF will host a meeting of the Access Link group, as well as IPAF’s UK Country Council and MCWP Committee. A workshop to help IPAF rental members in the UK making the mandatory transition to IPAF Rental+ minimum standards will run concurrently.
From 1pm to 1:45pm IPAF will hold a UK Open Meeting ahead of the afternoon conference.
There will be a gala dinner in the evening and the whole event will be a chance for attendees to meet and network, as well as to try their hand on a state-of-the-art MEWP simulator machine as part of IPAF’s ongoing virtual reality (VR) consultation (www.ipaf.org/VRconsultation). The person who completes a specific MEWP challenge with the fewest faults and closest to the target time will win IPAF’s “Smooth Operator 2018” award.
There will also be a competition to choose the best marketing video for IPAF training, with attendees at the event able to vote for their favourite from a showreel of shortlisted finalists (nominations or submissions to Faith Cobaine at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September).
Richard Whiting siad, “IPAF’s inaugural Elevation event boasts a diverse and engaging line-up of speakers and what will be a fascinating range of activities and entertainment that will appeal to anyone working in the powered access industry in the UK today. I’m looking forward to it tremendously and I expect it will quickly become an established fixture in IPAF’s top-class global events calendar.”
Visit www.ipaf.org/elevation for more information and to reserve your place. Anyone booking a place will also receive an exclusive reduction in the price of the award-winning 2018 IPAF Global Powered Access Rental Market Report, compiled by Ducker Worldwide.