The European Demolition Association (EDA) has confirmed the final speaker programme for its 2018 convention, which takes place in Vienna, Austria, next week.
The conference, on Friday June 8, is the centerpiece of an event that also includes a welcome cocktail reception, gala dinner and the opportunity to see the sights of the host city.
It will be officially opened by EDA president William Sinclair and chaired by Andreas Pocha, head of the German Demolition Association.
The programme is:
- Business intelligence about European DDR (demolition, decontamination and recycling) activities Martin Seban, IHS Markit
- City-wide monitoring of demolished buildings and material quantities based on satellite images and GIS models Fritz Kleemann, Tuwein
- Case story: Extreme demolition in the heart of Munich Johann Ettengruber and Michael Appel, Ettengrubber
- European Construction Sector Observatory: Trends of the construction industry in Europe Olga Mala, PWC
- IAEA considerations on decommissioning (focus on decontamination, dismantling and demolition) of nuclear facilities Vladimir Michal, IAEA
- Case story: Dismantling technologies in nuclear power plants Jakob Walchetseder, Braun
- Identification of materials (including hazardous substances) prior to demolition. The new Austrian regulation Martin Car, BRV
- Development of a Safety Manual for demolition operations, practical materials and better communication Michael Casbon, ERM
- Case story: Decontamination and demolition of petrochemical plants in South Africa Joe Brinkmann, Jet Demolition
- Bringing the industry together, the experience of the French Demolition Association
- Nathanael Cornet Philippe, SNED
- Case story: Engineering analysis and demolition modeling for the GA Dome, Atlanta Mahesh Raju Bailakanavar, Thornton Tomasett
More details of the convention are at www.europeandemolition.org