Learn from award-winning projects at WDS 2017
03 August 2017
Award-winning and critically acclaimed demolition projects from both sides of the Atlantic will be at the heart of this year’s World Demolition Summit (WDS) in London on November 2 - and you can book your place at the event by visiting www.demolitionsummit.com
Speakers and projects will include:
- Ryan Priestly, president of Canadian contractor Priestly Demolition, who will give an insight into the Nipigon River Bridge replacement project that won his company both the Civils Demolition and overall World Demolition awards at the WDS in 2016.
- Scott Knightly, the owner and president of US firm Envirovantage, will speak on the five-storey mill demolition at The Lofts in Saco Falls. This was the winner of an Excellence in Demolition Award at the National Demolition Association convention earlier this year.
- Rye Demolition will talk delegates through its demolition of the former West Ham United football stadium in the UK capital, fittingly for the first WDS to be held in London.
In addition to project reports, high profile speakers will address other vital aspects of demolition:
- Martin Bjerregaard of Disaster Waste Recovery will talk about demolition and debris management in Syria;
- James Howard of Coleman Group will give a paper on Crisis management – responding to major incidents.
The WDS is organised by Demolition & Recycling International in co-operation with the European Demolition Association.
Headline sponsor is Volvo Construction Equipment.