Final chance to enter the Access Awards
By Maria Hadlow28 January 2009
Time is running out to get your entries in for the IAPA (International Awards for Powered Access). If you have yet to enter, you still have a few days, and dropping a line to Access International's Managing Editor Murray Pollok firstname.lastname@example.org may secure you an extension to the 31 January deadline.
Access International is delighted with the number and quality of the entries that we have already received, but there are opportunities for companies of all sizes and types to participate.
If you are a rental company or an end user why not tell us how you have contributed to safe working at height: perhaps by training, or internal or external promotion of safe working practices. If you work with mast climbing equipment do not hide your light under a bushel - enter the Mast Climbing Work Platform Achievement Award and tell us what you have been doing.
The five-person IAPA Judging Panel has been chosen to include individuals with particular areas of expertise on aerial platforms, rental, training and safety. All five are experienced professionals in their fields, and have extensive knowledge of the access industry. They are:
- Non-Voting Chairman Tim Whiteman, Managing Director of IPAF (the International Powered Access Federation),
- John Ball, IPAF President and Managing Director of Height for Hire
- Lars-Petter Godenhielm, Executive Chairman, Dinolift, and an ex-IPAF President
- Dan Kaplan, Daniel Kaplan Associates
- Tony Mort, Managing Director of AJ Access Platforms
- Murray Pollok, Managing Editor, Access International
The judging panel will sit towards the end of February so don't miss your chance to be a winner of an inaugural IAPA.
To book your place at the IAPA event held on 2 April in Dublin after the IPAF Summit, go to www.khl.com/iapa or www.ipaf.org/iapa.