German road project for Bam

By Thomas Allen19 December 2017

A consortium led by Dutch-based contractor Royal Bam Group has been selected to carry out the Availability Model A10/A24 Neuruppin to Pankow road project near Berlin, Germany.

Bam logo

A 70% stake in the joint venture is held by Bam PPP (public-private partnership) PGGM Infrastructure Coöperatie – which is a collaboration between Bam and Dutch-based pension provider and asset manager PGGM – and the remaining 30% is held by German-based contractor Habau.

The design, build, finance, maintain and operate contract is the first of 11 PPPs to be procured by the German federal government under its €14 billion new generation programme, which was launched by the Ministry of Transport in 2015.

The consortium was selected by state-owned project management institution DEGES (Deutsche Einheit Fernstraßenplanungs-und-bau) to widen the A10 motorway to six lanes along a 29.6km length and completely reconstruct the A24 with four lanes and an extended hard shoulder for a length of 29.2km.

The works will also include the replacement of 27 existing bridges, the construction of ten new bridges and the demolition of two old bridges, as well as the installation of noise protection walls and traffic sign bridges, and the construction of interchanges, rest areas and secondary roads.

Construction activities will be carried out by Bam’s German civil engineering company Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau in cooperation with Habau.

The subsequent operation and maintenance services will encompass the entire contract section with a total length of approximately 64.2km of motorway, including 51 bridges. These will be carried out by Bam PPP – responsible for Royal Bam Group’s involvement in PPP projects – and Habau.

The construction period is estimated to be five years, with the overall project period set at 30 years.

Latest News
Comansa to unveil its first hydraulic luffing jib crane at Bauma
The Spanish manufacturer says the machine can “improve the productivity and efficiency of the construction machinery sector”
U.S., Europe provide billions in funding to jumpstart hydrogen projects
U.S. opens up US$7 billion in funding and European Commission approves €5.2 billion for hydrogen-related projects
Kubota opens new parts centre
€15m warehouse will stock parts for construction, agriculture, groundcare and engines