Rental firms and OEMs working together
By ERA26 August 2020
The ERA’s Technical Committee is composed primarily of fleet managers of rental companies and representatives of equipment manufacturers. Their mission is to make it safer, easier, more cost-effective and more sustainable for the rental industry by working together with equipment stakeholders.
The ERA Technical Committee has issued three major recommendations over the last two years:
- The ‘ERA recommendations on tie down and lifting points’, which gives OEMs guidance in relation to tie down / lifting points and lifting pockets;
- The ‘Framework of quick guides’, which provides an overview of all the necessary items to be explained in quick guides for the operators of rental machines;
- The ‘ERA recommendation on PDIs’, which aims to help OEMs improve the quality of the Pre-Delivery Inspection process.
The three documents were prepared by rental company members of the Technical Committee and are available on the ERA website:
- ERA recommendations on tie down and lifting points
- Framework of quick guides
- ERA recommendation on PDIs
These recommendations are created for OEMs, whether they are members of ERA or not, to clarify the needs and expectations of equipment rental companies. However, the objective of the Technical Committee working on such topics is also to provide more information and material to the National Associations and the smaller rental companies that they can use in their everyday work.
If you are a rental company member of the ERA and are interested in contributing to the works of the Technical Committee, or if you would be interested in joining the association, please contact the ERA Secretariat, at email@example.com.