Romanian motorway for Astaldi and Max Bogl
By Sandy Guthrie21 April 2016
Astaldi has secured a joint venture contract in Romania for the construction of the Brasov-Oradea motorway.
Astaldi has acquired, in a joint venture with Max Bogl, a contract worth approximately €100 million, with Astaldi holding a 48.5% stake.
The contract concerns the design and construction of about 18km of motorway sections – Brasov-Targu, Mures-Cluj-Oradea, Section 2A; Ogra-Campia Turzii, Lot 2; Iernut-Chetani, from km 3+600 to km 21+500 – including three viaducts, five overpasses, three flyovers, and one motorway interchange.
Work will begin in May, and last for 16 months, of which four months is for the design and 12 months for construction. The client is the National Company of Motorways & National Roads of Romania, and the work will be 75% financed by European Funds with the remaining 25% financed by the state budget.
Astaldi will lead the joint venture with Max Bogl, which has a 48.5% stake, while the Romanian designer Consitrans will hold 3%. Astaldi and Bogl have already worked together on the Lia Manoliu National Stadium in Bucharest, completed in 2012.
The Astaldi Group closed the 2015 financial year with total revenue equalling €2.85 billion.
The group reported a net profit of €80.9 million. It said its order backlog stood at €17.8 billion, with a contribution of €6.7 billion of new orders. It claimed that including additional initiatives acquired and being finalised, the total backlog was more than €28 billion.
Francesco Maria Rotundi has been appointed as a new general manager. Paolo Citterio was confirmed as general manager too, but also in the role of manager in charge of financial reporting.