Safety services acquisition by Ramirent

By Euan Youdale24 April 2014

Ramirent will acquire a majority stake in Safety Solutions Jonsereds, a Sweden-based company specialised in developing and planning fall protection and safety systems for the construction industry.

Safety Solutions Jonsereds employs 16 people at three locations in Sweden and has an office in Finland. The company is owned by Accent Equity 2008, a fund managed by the investment advisor Accent Equity Partners AB.

Ramirent will hold a 50.1% stake in Safety Solutions Jonsereds with the remaining 49.9% stake held by Accent Equity and the management of the company. Ramirent holds an option to acquire the remaining stake over a seven year period.

The acquisition is in line with Ramirent’s promise to deliver ‘more than machines’ through related services and know-how. "We are happy to announce this deal that strengthens our capabilities with proven competences in the area of safety," says Magnus Rosén, CEO of Ramirent.

"Safety Solutions Jonsereds has extensive and proven experience in developing fall protection material, and the methodology for planning and installing fall protection solutions. A unique customer offering is created by combining Safety Solutions Jonsereds safety competence with Ramirent’s extensive customer centre network."

Latest News
Comansa to unveil its first hydraulic luffing jib crane at Bauma
The Spanish manufacturer says the machine can “improve the productivity and efficiency of the construction machinery sector”
U.S., Europe provide billions in funding to jumpstart hydrogen projects
U.S. opens up US$7 billion in funding and European Commission approves €5.2 billion for hydrogen-related projects
Kubota opens new parts centre
€15m warehouse will stock parts for construction, agriculture, groundcare and engines