UK hire award winners announced in London
By Murray Pollok11 May 2010
The UK and Irish rental sector celebrated the best performing companies at a special awards dinner in London on 8 May organised by Hire Association Europe (HAE) and its sister organisation Event Hire Europe (EHE).
The winners were:
- Total Hire & Sales (Tool, Equipment and Plant Hire Company of the Year - up to five outlets)
- Lavendon Access Services (Tool, Equipment and Plant Hire Company of the Year - over five outlets)
- Higher Concept Software (Hire Industry Supplier of the Year)
- XLeclipse Traffic Lights, Pike Signals (Best Product of the Year)
- SHC Hire Centres (Excellence in Training)
- Speedy (Environmental Initiative)
- Allens Catering Hire (Event Hire Company of the Year - single outlet)
- Ev-ent Hire (Event Hire Company of the Year - multiple outlets)
- HSS Hire (Excellence in Customer Care)
- Lavendon Access Services (Effective Health and Safety Management)
- GAP Group (Hire Industry Catalogue of the Year)
- HSS Hire - ‘livehire' site (Hire Industry Website of the Year)
"We had a great level of entries this year, which was fantastic. The standard was also higher this year and the judging panel faced some tough decisions", said Graham Arundell, managing director of HAE.
"The awards are an important date in the industry's calendar as they recognise both companies and individuals who have made outstanding contributions and achieved great success throughout the year, and highlight those who are committed to exceptional standards and best practice."
The awards took place at the Landmark London hotel.
The European Rental Association (ERA) and International Rental News (IRN) magazine will jointly present the European Rental Awards at a ceremony in Prague, Czech Republic on 26 May, during the ERA's annual convention. For details, see www.erarental.org