IronPlanet sponsors Access Awards
By Maria Hadlow16 November 2010
Equipment Auction company IronPlanet has chosen to sponsor the IAPAs (International Awards for Powered Access) which are jointly organised by Access International and IPAF (International Powered Access Federation).
IronPlanet will be one of the major sponsors of this prestigious event, which will be held in Amsterdam at the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky on 14 April 2011 following the annual IPAF Summit.
IronPlanet's marketing director, Gavin Murphy said, "The access industry is an important sector to us and this event allows us to raise our profile to potential customers within this market."
With the judging panel now in place we await your submissions for the 2011 IAPAs. This year we have made some changes to the categories to even better reflect the innovative work that the powered access industry carries out every year.
We have also produced additional guidelines to make it even easier to produce your entries.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Access Rental Company of the Year
- IPAF Safety Champion
- Contribution to Safe Working at Height
- Access Project of the Year
- Product of the Year - Vehicle/trailer-mounted
- Product of the Year - Self-propelled (booms, scissors, spiders)
- Product of the Year - Mast climbing work platforms/hoists
- Product of the Year - Low-level access
- Award for Outstanding After Sales Service
- IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award
The following three categories are designed for IPAF member companies and individuals only:
- Best Marketing Campaign for IPAF Training
- IPAF Training Instructor of the Year
- Best New IPAF Training Centre
The five members of the judging panel are:
- Roger Bowden (owner/founder, Niftylift, UK)
- Gerhard Hillebrand (IPAF Italy representative)
- Murray Pollok (managing editor, Access International)
- Steve Shaughnessy (IPAF president)
• Mike Watts (chairman/founder, Sunstate Equipment, US.)
The panel will meet in late January or early February next year to decide the shortlisted companies and winners, with the awards to be presented at the IAPA dinner in Amsterdam on 14 April following the IPAF Summit conference.
The deadline for entries is Monday 10 January 2011. To download an entry form click here, or contact Maria Harding, Editor, Access International (firstname.lastname@example.org).