Bison history

24 April 2008

The Bison Stematec business acquired by Palfinger in late 2004 has a history in Lobau stretching back to 1852, when under a different name it started to produce construction equipment.

The first access platforms - or aerial ladders - were made by the company in 1925. By 1972 it had become an East German state enterprise building access equipment, and from the early 90s was called Stematec, although this business went bankrupt in 1994. It was acquired by Franz Peter Jennissen in 1995 and re-founded as Bison Stematec, with 35 employees.

This is the business that Palfinger acquired in 2004. Mr Jennissen is still employed as an occasional consultant, but the company is 100% Palfinger owned and still operating from the same Lobau site.

Latest News
Tech company updates software for surveying robots
The update introduces a Data Logging feature which provides users with additional capabilities
Wind turbines transported in Greece
Huge wind farm shipment unloaded at Greek port
Jekko appoints South African dealer
SkyJacks new dealer for Italian manufacturer