25 March 2008
• A wall that the division of the Mediterranian island of Cypus has been demolished to make way for a crossing point in the last divided capital, Nicosia.
• Bangladesh has launched a massive demolition drive to clear chronic traffic congestion. Thousands of illegally demolished in Dhaka as part of the drive.
• The US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has extended its contract for hurrican generated C&D debris in Hancock, Harrision and Jackson counties to June 30, 2007. The contract was initially set to expire at the end of February.
• Zamabia has Instituted a demolition drive to clear illegal structures in the city of Lusaka that according to reports will leave thousands homeless.
• A mobile crusher being transported through the streets of Edinburgh, Scotland, ripped open a passenger bus on Princes Street. The crusher sliced of a 10 ft section of the top deck of the double deck bus, causing injury to three passengers.
• More than 50 people were overcome by chlorine fumes, eight seriously, when a worker involved in the demolition of a solvent plant in Pudong, Shanghai, broke open a derelict tank on the site. The site is under redevelopment as part of the construction of the 2010 World Expo.