IPAF Elevation early bird rate extended
By Euan Youdale15 August 2018
The full programme for the International Powered Access Federation’s (IPAF) inaugural Elevation conference, networking and gala dinner event on 25 September has been confirmed.
The special early-bird booking discount has been extended until 24 August for the event at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Coventry, UK.
The afternoon will be given over to a condensed conference with each speaker giving a 20-minute presentation.
- Mark Noonan, Industry Relations Director, CITB: Update – Engagement and future plans
- Jo Fautley, Deputy CEO, Build UK: Catalyst for change: Transforming construction
- Malcolm Bowers, Director, Lifterz: The changing dynamics of platform rental
- Nigel Taylor, European Director, Serious Labs: VR today, tomorrow and the future
- Angel Ibañez, IPAF’s Global Representative for MCWP & Related Products: New IPAF hoist course
- Paul Lindup, Network Rail’s head of Infrastructure, Construction and Engineering Air Operations: MEWPs vs drones
- Jan-Willem van Weir, AWP Product Manager, JLG: JLG site of the future;=
- Ray Cooke, Construction Sector Safety Unit, HSE: Work at height – the importance of planning it right
- Giles Councell, IPAF’s Director of Operations: IPAF Update
- Richard Whiting, IPAF’s UK Market General Manager; Closing remarks and general Q&A session
In the morning IPAF will host a meeting of the Access Link group, as well as IPAF’s UK Country Council and MCWP Committee. A workshop to help IPAF rental members in the UK making the mandatory transition to IPAF Rental+ minimum standards will run concurrently.
From 1pm to 1:45pm IPAF will hold a UK Open Meeting ahead of the afternoon conference.
There will be a gala dinner in the evening and the whole event will be a chance for attendees to meet and network, as well as to try their hand on a state-of-the-art MEWP simulator machine as part of IPAF’s ongoing virtual reality (VR) consultation (www.ipaf.org/VRconsultation). The person who completes a specific MEWP challenge with the fewest faults and closest to the target time will win IPAF’s “Smooth Operator 2018” award.
There will also be a competition to choose the best marketing video for IPAF training, with attendees at the event able to vote for their favourite from a showreel of shortlisted finalists (nominations or submissions to Faith Cobaine at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September).
Richard Whiting siad, “IPAF’s inaugural Elevation event boasts a diverse and engaging line-up of speakers and what will be a fascinating range of activities and entertainment that will appeal to anyone working in the powered access industry in the UK today. I’m looking forward to it tremendously and I expect it will quickly become an established fixture in IPAF’s top-class global events calendar.”
Visit www.ipaf.org/elevation for more information and to reserve your place. Anyone booking a place will also receive an exclusive reduction in the price of the award-winning 2018 IPAF Global Powered Access Rental Market Report, compiled by Ducker Worldwide.