Manitex adds 30 tonne boom truck with inclining cab feature
By Katherine Weir29 February 2016
Manitex, the international lifting solutions company based in Texas, USA has added the 30112S to the TC line-up of truck mounted cranes. The TC300 incorporates a new cab capable of inclining up to 20 degrees that claims to give optimal operator comfort.
The 30112S features 30 tonne maximum lift capacity and main booming lifting height of 122 feet (37 metres) and maximum tip height of 167 feet (51 m) with the optional two-piece 26 to 46 feet (7.9 to 14 m) jib. Radio remote controlled (ROC) outriggers allow for quick one man setup and operation.
The inclining cab is said to be ideal for lifting on multi-level building roof tops, roofing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), and truss setting applications and claims to reduce operator fatigue.
The new cab features 18 inch (457 mm) extended leg room and additional storage behind the operator’s seat. Standard features include:
- Heated seat and diesel heater
- Four single axis low effort pilot operated hydraulic controls
- Hirschmann I-Scale Load moment indicator
- 12 volt DC outlet, USB Port and cup holder
- E-coat cab finish protects against corrosion
- Rear Pop-out Window
- Top hinged window with wiper/washer and hatch guard
- Windshield Wiper with spray nozzle and pump
- Engine parameters can now be viewed from main display
Optional equipment includes air conditioning, video cameras and weather band radio.