Vancouver's Jameson House is approved
By Richard High08 May 2008
Foster + Partners’ mixed—use, 35—storey Jameson House in Vancouver's heritage district has been approved by the City Council.
A key part of the scheme involves the restoration of the A—listed 1921 Ceperley Rounsfell Building, and retention of the facade of the 1929 B—listed Chamber of Mines, which sit at the bottom of the building.
The new tower includes 10 storeys of commercial space, including shops and a restaurant, and 25 storeys of apartments with underground parking. It will also feature Vancouver's first cogeneration plant, which is planned to run on bio—diesel fuel.
This will combine with absorption cooling to supplement the heating and electricity requirements of the building. The top of the tower, the balconies, and a roof terrace at level four will be green spaces irrigated by a rainwater harvesting system.