There is now only one week left before entries close for the World Demolition Awards 2020 on Tuesday June 30.
It will be a slightly different awards ceremony this year, as Coronavirus has forced us to change from the scheduled event in Vienna, Austria, to an online gathering instead.
But one thing has not changed - the prestige that goes with winning one of the 13 categories that make up the awards. That is as great as ever, as a record entry in each of the past two years shows.
Even companies who get on the shortlist receive one of our special “Shortlisted” logos to use in marketing, publicity and on social media.
The World Demolition Awards recognise innovation and best practice from both contractors and manufacturers.
In addition, all the awards are decided solely by an international judging panel with over 300 years of industry experience between them. These are people who, in demolition terms, have definitely been there, seen it and done it.
If you have not entered before, this is what you need to supply to be considered for a shortlisting:
- A 1,200 word summary of the project or product you are entering for the awards
- A 250-word executive summary - this will be included the preview issue of Demolition & Recycling International if you are shortlisted
- Five bullet points highlighting major features of the project or product entered - if shortlisted these will be included in the Shortlist Brochure distributed ahead of the event.
- A company logo
- A photo of the project or product entered
- Any relevant supporting information.
The categories are:
- Civils Demolition
- Collaboration in Demolition
- Contract of the Year under US$1 million
- Contract of the Year US$1 million or over
- Explosive Demolition
- Industrial Demolition
- Manufacturer Innovation Plant and Equipment
- Manufacturer Innovation Tools and Attachments
- Recycling and Environmental
- Safety and Training
- Urban Demolition.
You can download an entry form from the Awards section of the World Demolition Summit at www.demolitionsummit.com or alternatively please contact me at email@example.com stating which categories you are interested in entering and I will send you the relevant forms.
The shortlists will be announced in August with the ultimate outcome being declared at the live online summit on Thursday November 12 at 3pm UK time.
The World Demolition Summit is organised by Demoltiion & Recycling International in co-operation with the European Demolition Association and with the support of the US National Demolition Association. Headline sponsor is Volvo Construction Equipment.