Scaffolding apprenticeship open day announced
By Euan Youdale15 March 2016
CISRS training provider and NASC members, Generation Training Services in partnership with fellow NASC member, Complete Access Scaffolding (CASL) are supporting National Apprentice Week (March 14-21), with an event aimed at promoting scaffolding apprenticeships and the construction industry as a safe and rewarding career option.
The Apprenticeship Open Day aimed at 15-21 year-olds in the Yorkshire region is being held at Castleford Tigers Rugby Ground, Wheldon Road on Saturday 19th March, 10am-3pm.
The open doors event will give young people a chance to see what exciting opportunities are on offer in the world of scaffolding and construction. Generation Training and CASL will be at the event to offer advice but also to give a practical demonstration of how to erect a very basic scaffold structure.
Visitors to the Open day will have an opportunity, under supervision and whilst wearing suitable PPE to actually assist in constructing the scaffold. For the less adventurous there is also a miniature structure on hand which highlights the basic principles of scaffolding erection and they will be invited to see if they can create a ‘tube cube’ using plastic tubes and cable ties.
In addition, there will be:
- Inspirational guest speakers from the world of rugby league, with experience in the construction industry.
- Exhibition Stands run by local employers, giving a real insight to the construction industry.
- Opportunities to meet and talk with construction industry experts, current apprentices and local employers.
- Practical activities that give insight to the industry.
- Prize Draw with Castleford Tigers merchandise and tickets amongst the prizes.
An Apprenticeship Open Day spokesman said, “This is a real chance for youngsters starting out to learn about the vast opportunities that the construction and scaffolding industries have to offer. There are lots of potential career paths with something to suit everyone. We’ll have industry experts from a variety of local companies, able to answer any questions and tell people how they can get started on the career ladder.”