The entry deadline for the first-ever ALH Awards has been extended to Sept. 8. All entries must be submitted by then for the ALH Awards, held the evening of Nov. 11 during the inaugural ALH Conference & Awards at the Biltmore Hotel in Miami, FL. Categories and forms can be found on our website.
- Access Projects of the Year (Powered Aerial Work Platforms; Scaffolding; Mast Climbing Work Platforms/Transport Platforms/Hoists)
- Product Innovation Awards (Telehandlers/RT Forklifts; Self-Propelled/Push-Around AWPs with less than 20 feet of platform height; Self-Propelled AWPs with mroe than 20 feet of platform height; and Vehicle-Mounted AWPs)
- Access Safety Innovation Award
- Rental Technology Award
- Rising Star Award for Small Rental Company (Less than 10 locations)
- Access Industry Employer of the Year
- ALH Person of the Year
All winners will be announced during a gala dinner after the day-long conference on Nov. 11.
The full conference program includes a number of high-profile executives and influencers.
Don Ahern, owner of Snorkel, CEO of Ahern Rentals and president of Xtreme Manufacturing will open the day-long conference as keynote speaker.
Timothy M. Morris is s for JLG Industries, Inc. In this role he oversees the direction and daily activities of all customer contact points for the Americas. This includes field sales and service teams, aftermarket service parts operations, military support centers, sales compliance, and customer contact and distribution centers.
The morning will then cover markets and safety, with JLG's senior vice president sales, market development and customer support–Americas, Timothy Morris, providing "A Global Perspective on the AWP Market;" followed by "Prospects for North America’s Energy and Non-Residential Construction Markets," presented by Scott Haelton, director of IHS Global Insight - Construction and Manufacturing Industries.
After a Q&A session and a morning coffee break, attendees will hear from Tony Groat, executive vice president of American Work Platform Training (AWPT)/International Powered Access Federation (IPAF), will discuss "Important Lessons from IPAF's Accident Reporting Program." The morning will conclude with a safety and training round-table consisting of:
- Scott Owyen (Global Marketing Training Manager, Terex Aerial Work Platforms)
- Tony Radke (Regional Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager, NES Rentals
- Giles Councell (Director of Operations, IPAF)
- Brent Wise (Chief Operating Officer, Tech Safety Lines)
Attendees will then have a one-hour lunch break and the afternoon sessions will then start. The afternoon's theme surrounds rental trends and products.
Brad Allen, Vice President of Marketing, Product Management and Engineering for Genie/Terex AWP, will discuss “Future Technologies: What Works, What Doesn’t,” and he will be followed by MEC Aerial Work Platforms’ President, David White, who will talk about “AWP Design: Finding Niches, Creating Opportunities.”
Gary McArdle, Executive Vice President of Rouse Services, will speak about “Rental Metrics in 2014: Moving in the Right Direction?” and then attendees will have a Q&A Session and break for coffee before the final two presentations – a round-table on market trends and a presentation on big-boom management.
The ALH Conference & Awards’ afternoon round-table about 2015 rental market trends consists of:
- Brad Allen (VP Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering, Terex AWP)
- Brad Boehler (President, Skyjack)
- Mike Crouch (President/COO, Acme Lift Co)
- Mike Disser (Director of Sales – Technology & National Accounts, NES Rentals)
- Gregg Nierenberg (Vice President, Fleet Operations, Hertz Equipment Rental Corp)
Ending the conference will be Woody Weld, founder and CEO of Acme Lift Co., presenting “Safe and Profitable Management of Large Self-Propelled Booms.”
Tickets for the conference and awards (categories coming soon), are available here. The conference is organized by Access, Lift & Handlers magazine and KHL Group. It has Gold sponsorship from Genie, JLG and Skyjack, as well as drinks reception sponsor Haulotte Group, supporting sponsorship from ReachMaster and media partnership from Rental magazine. Partnering association is the International Powered Access Federation and supporting associations include ALEC and Scaffold & Access Industry Association.